At Winter Park Veterinary Hospital, Canine and Feline Veterinary Care Is a TEAM Effort!
At Winter Park Veterinary Hospital, we know that your cat and dog are important members of your family. Our priority is to help your pet live a longer, healthier, and happier life! We encourage routine physicals, wellness examinations, and comprehensive preventative health care to keep your cat and dog in the best condition possible!
Our dedicated veterinarians and team members at Winter Park Veterinary Hospital take a personal interest in your pet and strive to exceed your expectations as a client. Providing stress-free convenience to our clients is also especially important at Winter Park Veterinary Hospital! Our clients enjoy the benefits of a professional in-house pharmacy, an abundance of informative online resources, and the ability to make appointments, refill prescriptions, and access important forms online.
Our services at Winter Park Veterinary Hospital are tailored to meet all your pet’s veterinary care needs, from the most routine to the most complex!
For everything from preventative wellness exams, heartworm and parasite prevention to diagnostic testing, dental care, and surgeries, we offer all the medical services that your pet may need to stay happy and healthy throughout his or her lifetime. Regardless of your cat or dog’s age or existing medical conditions, we can provide advanced veterinary care to give you peace of mind that your cat and dog will enjoy a long and healthy life!
We are strong believers in preventative veterinary care and encourage a proactive approach to personalized pet health for both cats and dogs. We work closely with each of our clients to ensure that they receive the accurate, up-to-date information needed to make the best veterinary health care decisions for their pets.
Annual or bi-annual wellness exams (depending upon the age and health of your pet) allow our veterinarians to specifically tailor an individualized preventative program based on your cat or dog’s unique circumstances. There are several important components to preventative health care:
- Comprehensive physical examination and review of your cat or dog’s lifestyle, activity levels, behaviors, diet and, if applicable, reproductive health
- Vaccinations based on your cat or dog’s lifestyle and exposure to risk. As part of our commitment to you, as Your Vet For Life, we use ½ ml vaccines when available for dogs for a better experience as part of our gentle pet approach.
- Parasite Prevention and Control for dogs, including internal parasite prevention and flea and tick prevention.
- Heartworm testing and prevention for dogs
- Nutrition and Diet – for more information about Winter Park Veterinary Hospital’s nutrition and diet counseling, please click on nutrition and diet, listed under general medicine.
- Dental exam and professional cleaning and care for both cats and dogs. For extensive details about Winter Park Veterinary Hospitals’ dentistry services, please click on dental care.
If you any questions about the health of your cat or dog, please give us a call. We are here to help. Contact us to schedule a canine wellness exam for your cat or dog.
Getting your Cat to Visit Us
It is so important for you to bring your cat to see us on a regular basis. You can be a part of the good visit your cat has while he or she is here. The best type of cat carrier is the inexpensive hard-sided carriers that open from the top and from the front. An easily opened top allows a cat which is fearful, anxious or in pain to stay in the bottom half of the carrier for exams. We often do cat exams inside a well-designed carrier!
You can help your cat become comfortable with his or her carrier by placing it in a room where your cat spends a lot of time, placing familiar soft bedding inside and by placing treats, catnip, or toys inside the carrier. It may take days or weeks for your cat to trust the carrier. Reward your cat’s desired behaviors.
If you any questions about your cat, please give us a call. We are here to help. Contact us to schedule a feline wellness exam for your cat.