Avian and Exotics
Providing proper medical care for birds, reptiles and other exotic pets requires specialized training and skills. Our DVMS collaborate to stay up to date on the latest advances in avian and exotic care. Our team attends the Avian and Exotic Veterinary Conferences across the country to ensure we are providing the most up to date standard care available for our beloved exotic patients. Birds and exotic pets are unique animals and require advanced knowledge in their structure, function and diseases for proper treatment. Winter Park Veterinary Hospital has the specialized expertise, trained staff and equipment to provide high quality medical care and treatment to all our feathered and scaly family members. Our avian and exotics services include:
- Annual wellness physical examinations
- Professional bird wing-clipping, beak trimming and nail trimming
- Light sedation techniques for reduced stressed “happy” exams and treatments.
- Full diagnostic testing such as fecal exams, x-rays, endoscopy, blood tests, skin scrapings, and biopsy of growths
- Surgeries for growth removal, dental disease, fractures, and internal problems
- Laser surgery and laser therapy
- Medications and supplements tailored to the needs of your pet
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
Exotic pets with a strong veterinarian-patient relationship will benefit from better overall health and improved disease control. We encourage exotic pet parents to establish a relationship with us early in their pet’s life, before an emergency necessitates a visit. We have an experienced exotic veterinarian on call 7 days a week for exotic pets established with us as clients. As part of our lifetime commitment to our established exotic pet parents, in the evenings and on Saturday and Sunday we prioritize established exotic pet patients if capabilities are limited. Therefore, establishing and maintaining the relationship with us is important for your exotic pet.